From: ron@ronkern.com <ron@ronkern.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2022 7:36 AM
To: Group

Subject: Race Postponed / Please Respond to 12/11 availability or after 1/7/23

 

Good morning I-to-I racers,

 

We had a great turnout yesterday but launching conditions held us back.  This morning weare looking at fading conditions and most of the contestants that showed up yesterday have other plans for today.  I think as with most races, a5-entrant minimum target makes sense, and we don’t have it for today. 

 

Please weigh in if you are available and want to race 12/11/22 conditions permitting, or reschedule for 1/8/23 or after.

 

Thanks!

 

Ron

954-815-6031

 

From: ron@ronkern.com

Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 7:56 PM
To:
ron@ronkern.comSubject: Skipper's Meeting 12/4 - 10 a.m. / Check your email at 7:30 a.m. before headingout to the race!

 

Hi,

 

With no pressure gradient on Sunday in FL, it seems unlikely that we’ll see the 10-15 NE windforecast for tomorrow by NOAA in my opinion.  iWindsurf’s meteorologist is forecasting 7-11 mph NE for the day, from dawn to dusk, so it doesn’t look likeit will matter that we get an early start. 

 

Good news, the shore break subsided substantially by sunset so launching and landing shouldnot be an issue. 

 

The plan:  After the 7 a.m. forecast update, I will send out an update before 7:30a.m.  Please weigh in if you are planning to attend if the NOAA forecast of 10-15 mph NE holds true for tomorrow.  Look for an update by 7:30 a.m.or before in the morning.

 

If not tomorrow, we’ll move the date out. 

 

Thanks!

 

Ron

954-815-6031

 

From: ron@ronkern.com <ron@ronkern.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 3, 2022 12:57 PM
To:
ron@ronkern.com
Subject: Racing Postponed to Sunday 12/4

 

Hi,

 

Racing is Postponed to Sunday 12/4.  I will communicate again at 8 p.m. to advise what timefor the skipper’s meeting.  I think our best shot is early, so be thinking 8 a.m. skipper’s meeting, but I will firm up tonight by 8 p.m. when moreinformation is on hand.

 

Ron

 

From: ron@ronkern.com <ron@ronkern.com>
Sent: Friday, December 2, 2022 7:37 PM
To: 'Ron Kern' <
ron@ronkern.com>;
Subject: Race Saturday, 12/3 Skipper's Meeting 9 a.m.

 

Hi,

 

Race tomorrow.  Skipper’s meeting at 9 a.m. at Vista Park.  Possible start shortlyafter.   Sue and I made a couple trips to Vista Park today to see how tide effected the launch.  We both thought low tide was a betterbet.  Low tide is forecast for 10:30 to 11:00 a.m. Saturday morning.   The wind forecast and typical mid-morning to mid-day lull shouldgive us some good conditions for racing and launching.  The iWindsurf meteorologist is calling for winds to get lighter through the day on Saturday. 

 

I am concerned Sunday may get too light for a race.  Wind direction was favorable enoughtoday and should be the same or more NE tomorrow

 

NOAA forecast:
 
SAT 
E NE winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 5 to 6 ft, occasionally to

8 ft. Period 6 seconds. Intracoastal waters choppy in exposed

areas.

 

SUN

NE winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft, occasionally to

5 ft. Period 5 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.

 

Iwindsurf overview:

Fading northeasterlies as high pressure moves farther offshore tomorrow as a cold front rapidly approaches the statefrom the northwest, allowing the NE-ENE flow to relax a bit.

 •  AM starts with a few leftover upper teens / low 20 peaks at well exposed sites, mostly along the Keys

 •  Winds fade through the PM but most sites should hold on to at least low teens until dark

 •  Sunny skies expected

High Air Temps: Low 80s
Water Temps: Mid to upper 70s

See you in the morning.  Park gates open at 8:00 a.m.

Ron

954-815-6031

 

From: Ron Kern <ron@ronkern.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 1, 2022 8:37 PM
To: Ron Kern <
ron@ronkern.com> .....

Subject: I-to-I Race December 3-4, 2022

 

Hi,

 

Looking like plenty of wind for Saturday or Sunday.  I am keeping an eye on conditions to see which day willprovide the best weather for a race.  Will know a bit more tomorrow afternoon as forecasts are updated and I can take a look at the water. 

 

It would be nice to hear from you if you are a YES or a MAYBE. 

 

More tomorrow,

 

Ron

954-815-6031